________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:40 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] osgvertexprogram example

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Guy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        Hmm.. in the example there is code, I meant what language is it?
It's
        not GLSL. Is it Cg? I'm not familiar with shaders beside GLSL
and I want
        to read that refraction shader in order to implement a different
shader,
        and I want to know what language to learn.

ARB_vertex_program predates GLSL and Cg, its more akin to assembly than
a high level language like GLSL or Cg.

These days just use GLSL as per osgshaders.  The osgvertexprogram
predates GLSL software and hardware so isn't a great example unless you
need to target old hardware that doesn't support GLSL.