I'm trying to understand how to use AutoTransform to make an object that
keeps its rotation and scale the same as I transform the scene or change
the size of the window.

The rotation part seems fine, but I've had some problem with the scale.
I set AutoScaleToScreen to true and apply a scale for the aspect ratio
below the AutoTransform.  I'm not sure how AutoTransform should interact
with setting the reference frame.

I guess the difference in AutoTransform and a MatrixTransform with an
absolute reference frame is that the AutoTransform should allow the
rotation (and scale?) to affect the position of an object without
changing its orientation or size.  An absolute reference frame wouldn't
apply any transforms above it, right?

Any help on understanding how I'd use the reference frame and the
AutoTransform, possibly together, would be appreciated.

thanks,

andy