use GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE

a char is 1 byte

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vincent Bourdier
Sent: 10. april 2008 13:33
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] osg Image data

Yes, but GL_UNSIGNED_CHAR doesn't exist.

so I don't know what to use...
2008/4/10, J.P. Delport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
Hi,

sizeof(unsigned char) != sizeof(GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT)

try GL_UNSIGNED_CHAR

jp

Vincent Bourdier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem concerning writing image data.
>
> My code is simple :
>
>         const long size = _x*_y*3;
>
>         unsigned char* data = (unsigned char*)calloc(size,
>     sizeof(unsigned char));
>
>         for(long i=0; i < size ; i+= 3)
>         {
>             data[i] = 0;    //red
>             data[i+1] = 0;    //green
>             data[i+2] =    0;    //blue
>         }
>
>         osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image> image = new osg::Image;
>         image->allocateImage(_x, _y, 1, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT);
>         image->setOrigin(osg::Image::BOTTOM_LEFT);//start counting
>     pixels on the Bottom left of the picture
>         image->setImage(_x, _y, 1, GL_RGB, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT,
>     data, osg::Image::NO_DELETE);
>
>         osgDB::writeImageFile(*image, "Z:/autres/Gradient.jpg");
>

> the result must be a black picture... but I've a totally different
> result (see attached file)
>
> Does anyone see a mistake ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>    Vincent.

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.