Hi Art,

If you want to remove a mode or attribute you simply one of use:

    stateset->removeMode(..);
    stateset->removeAttribute(..);
    stateset->removeTextureAttribute(unit,..);

This will make the StateSet inherit from above.

As for the default set, OpenGL defaults are almost always used, but not
quite always.  The GL_DEPTH_TEST is on by default in the OSG.  Defaults for
the attributes can be found in the default constructed versions of those
attributes.

Robert.