No way...
Making a Release build output two more warnings (see below), but always
has the same undefined symbol.
I have to investigate more. In the meantime thanks for the help.

Examples osgviewerWX warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts
with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Examples osgviewerMFC warning LNK4089: all references to 'OLEAUT32.dll'
discarded by /OPT:REF

Ciao!
             mario