Hi Jean-Sebastian

> I'd like to ask if anyone has experience using active stereo
> with OSG.
> To be more precise, the hardware we're looking to use is
>
> Mirage HD3K projector
> nVidia Quadro FX 5600 video card
> nuvision emitters and 60GX LCD shutter glasses

I work with nVidia Quadro FX 5600 and nuvision emitters and 60GX LCD shutter
glasses on a daily basis.
OSG will work out of the box in QUAD_BUFFER mode.
The only thing you'll have to do is to declare some parameters to adjust stereo
with the geometry of your projector :
See :
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/UserGuides/StereoSettings

OSG_STEREO      ON      Turn stereo on
OSG_STEREO_MODE         QUAD_BUFFER     Use quad buffered stereo when in stereo.
OSG_SCREEN_DISTANCE     0.50    Set the distance the viewer is from screen in
metres (default shown)
OSG_SCREEN_HEIGHT       0.26    Set the height of image on the screen in metres
(default shown)
OSG_SCREEN_WIDTH                0.325 Set the width of image on the screen in
metres (default shown)
OSG_EYE_SEPARATION      0.06    Set the eye separation - interoccular distance
(default shown.)

And that should be ok for the OSG side.
On the hardware side, you'll have to connect cables :D and check the stereo
enable box in the nvidia settings panel.

You should have the same result than with anaglyphic stereo (a better result in
fact).

     Luc

> Now, I think this setup requires (and supports) quad-buffer
> stereo. And I think I saw that OSG supports that
> out-of-the-box. Does it work well?
> Any issues setting it up? Any gotchas on the OSG side?
>
> One problem we have is that the hardware is off-site (*far*
> off-site), and it's unlikely we'll have access to it for
> testing. We just have regular GeForce 8800 cards and regular
> monitors here. Should I expect it to "just work"(tm) ? Is
> there a way I can do some useful testing here?
> Perhaps using anaglyphic stereo with red/cyan glasses, (we have those
> :-) - will that be representative of the quad-buffer stereo support?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> J-S
> --
> negraph.org

Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message
 Think Environment before printing

Le contenu de ce mél et de ses pièces jointes est destiné à l'usage exclusif du
(des) destinataire(s) désigné
(s)
comme tel(s).
En cas de réception par erreur, le signaler à son expéditeur et ne pas en
divulguer le contenu.
s'assurer de l'absence de
contamination à sa réception.

The contents of this email and any attachments areconfidential. They are
intended for the named recipient
(s)
only.
If you have received this email in error please notifythe system manager or the
sender immediately and do
not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.
eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content.