I think another way should be possible:
Only one RTT camera, under it there are 256 pieces of slice to render. When render Nth slice, change RTT camera's Z index to N. Is it possible to use osg::StateSet to do so?

Ulrich Hertlein wrote:
Hi,

Quoting hesicong2006 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

But I found it has very slow performance. In this example, with
256*256*256 3D texture, only 8 fps was show on my 8800GTS 320M. I see

Keep in mind that you're rendering 256 cameras (i.e. separate images) every
frame.
Apart from maybe re-using Geodes or using Geometry instead of ShapeDrawable
there's nothing that leaps out.

Are you runnin debug mode?
I'm getting 19fps, cull=2ms, draw=49ms on a GeForce 8600M (Mac OSX).

/ulrich