Hello,

I have an OSG application that uses joysticks, and I use SDL
for those. But I also need a mouse and keyboard and use
(today) OSG for that. Sometimes it's a bit messy to do
this, because when there is no joystick connected I fall
back to the mouse, and the interface is very different (one
is a SDL_JOYSTICk and the other an osgEventHandler). I'd
like to handle mouse and joystick from the same interface,
so either make both of them through SDL or both of them an
osgEventHandler.

Wouldn't it be more coherent to use SDL for all input ?
But then, I need to create the window with SDL, and embed
the osgViewer inside this window. Is this a reliable way to
do things ? Because if I create the window with OSG, SDL
doesn't "see" the mouse and keyboard.

Or, is there a way to make an osgEventHandler from a
SDL_JOYSTICK interface ? There is an osgviewerSDL in the
examples (v2.3.4) but this is for an embedded OSG viewer
inside an SDL window... would those work with a joystick ?

Any suggestions ?

cheers

Zoltán

PS: the application in question is a flight simulator:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zsim