On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Martin Großer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a short question about the osgUtil::SceneView.
>
> What advantages or disadvantages has the SceneView compared to the
> osgViewer::Viewer?

SceneView is pain to support because...

SceneView has no support for event handling, no database paging, no
automatic handling of multiple graphics contexts, no support for
multiple graphics contexts, no support for threading, no automatic
support for pbuffers.

So if you want to add any of these features then you need to learn
about them, you need to implement them, you need to debug them and you
need to maintain them.... all of this requiring email traffic on the
mailing list.

Personally I get enough demand for support without having to support
now deprecated APIs.  osgViewer exists to help you, SceneView just now
exists for backwards compatbility you should not use it for new
projects.