CTDB is the terrainDB format that ModSAF and its descendents (oneSAF,
etc.) load for terrain info.  IIRC, MultiGen used to have a CTDB exporter
at one time, but I've been away from that part of the vis-sim world that
my memory is fuzzy.  I think ModSAF shipped with some sort of terrain
'compiler', but it was pretty clunky to use - hopefully they have a better
way to build CTDB's now.

Don