Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D) wrote on Sunday 18 May 2008:
> ready to check in. please test

Hi Adrian,

I downloaded OSG 2.4.0 and replaced the 3 files:

osgshadow.cpp
ParallelSplitShadowMap
ParallelSplitShadowMap.cpp

by what you provided. In short, it doesn't work for me :-(

The ShadowTexture (--st) is the only shadow technique that
works on my system (Linux openSuSE 10.3, ATI-X300 with
proprietary fglrx driver), but this worked the same with
2.3.4 (svn)

There seems to be a lot of arguments for --pssm, I tried
some but they all produce the same : nothing to be seen,
and "Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation'
after RenderBin::draw(,)"

.../OpenSceneGraph/Data > osgshadow --pssm -2
PSSM PolygonOffset: units=0.5 factor=0.5
PSSM PolygonOffset: units=0.5 factor=0.5
PSSM PolygonOffset: units=0.5 factor=0.5
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after
RenderBin::draw(,)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after
RenderBin::draw(,)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after
RenderBin::draw(,)
[...]
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after
RenderBin::draw(,)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after
RenderBin::draw(,)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after
RenderBin::draw(,)
.../OpenSceneGraph/Data >

Are there some arguments I should try ?

Bye