Alejandro,

I suspect the most likely explanation is this:

1. You are using ShadowTexture, which AFAIK doesn't support self-shadowing.
2. ShadowTexture is ignoring your ReceivesShadow bit, however:
3. When you turn on CastsShadow for a node, it is then implicitly preventing it
from receiving a shadow, because the algorithm can't do both.

Try replacing your ShadowTexture with a ShadowMap and see if the behavior
changes; ShadowMap does support self-shadowing.

-Ben