On 5/27/08, Andy Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'll admit to being a little past the limit of my knowledge here ...
>
> We would like to specify the -install_name arg with which we link the shared
> libraries.  I think it is because we don't want the paths where these things
> were built to be in the files.  We're trying to replace the value with
> something like: "@load_path/<filename>".
>
> Is there a way to specify the -install_name argument on the Mac?
>
> I tried setting it in our linker flags, then saw it was in there already,
> and I think it is added by the OSG build.
>
> I have looked at the gmane archive, and found some mention of -install_name,
> but nothing I can see how to use.
>
> thanks
> andy

The old, now mostly defunc Xcode project set the install_name via the
normal Xcode mechanisms. We set the path to
@executable_path/../Frameworks

In addition to manually adding the flags to the generic CMake flags,
CMake has new direct support for this property. We're adding this to
the framework build in CMake. (dylibs are less clear about what the
default convention should be.) Also, regardless, CMake also builds
with the max path padding so you can use the install_name_tool to
redefine the install_name after the fact.

I'm struggling with time constraints to finish the CMake/OS X
integration. If anybody wants to help, please let me know. I currently
have put up a Mercurial repository at:
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/OpenSceneGraphHg
There is an example of the install_name stuff in CMake in
CMakeModules/OsgMacroUtils.cmake. (Grep for 'FRAMEWORK').

Thanks,
Eric