Alberto Luaces wrote:
> > This almost seems as if iot has something to do with the actually
> > writing of the osg file when it writes the data and then something not
> > terminating as it should.
>
> I think this could be a non-valid example, because osgDB::DynamicLibrary on
> UNIX (including Cygwin) only loads symbols when needed (it opens them with
> the RTLD_LAZY specifier), so the OSG's plugin register could realize the
> mismatch before trying to load any symbols from the DLL.

Alberto,

I'm not sure I understand.   Are you saying that even though the debug
messages say that the dll was opened that there are still parts of the dll
whcih have not been loaded and that it is within these areas (when they are
finally loaded) that the interaction with cygwin causing the hang ultimately
makes itself visible? Thus the simple fact of open and closing the dll does
nothing that helps us unless we can get to the point of something occurring
which causes the parts of the dll we need to be loaded.

Not really sure how to ask what I wrote above so I hope you can understand
what I am asking.

bk