Quick question... Based on digging through the source, it seems all
PixelBufferObjects are currently automatically set to
GL_PIXEL_UNPACK_BUFFER_ARB by default and there's no way to change this to
GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_ARB, correct? Meaning they can only be used for writing
to the framebuffer, not reading from it? The application I'm writing is
going to do a lot of reading colors back from a FBO as part of a
pre-processing step, and based on my limited understanding reading pixels to
a PBO is supposed to be significantly faster...

Since it's a pre-processing step, speed isn't of utmost importance, but
later on this step may end up being run relatively often (~1-5Hz or so), so
should I try and take the time to extend osg::Image and
osg::PixelBufferObject to support PACK operations or am I worried over
nothing? :)

-Chris B