Hi Robert,

When an osgText::Text3D drawable is read from a .osg file its character depth does not get applied, as its glyph representation isn't recomputed. The osgtext3D example doesn't reveal this, as other methods are called after applying the character depth which do force a glyph update. I've submitted a patch^H^H^H^H^H an updated header files to osg-submissions for this one.

The other problem I found was that with the osgtext3D example the bounds of one of the text object isn't taken into account to update the clipping planes. Simply running the osgtext3D example and rotating the scene so that the string "CharacterSize..." is pointing away should reveal the problem. I hacked the example to output its scene to a .osg file and when viewed in osgthirdpersonviewer it seems to indicate that the clipping planes are indeed not updated using the "CharacterSize..." string. But I can't readily see what is different in that text object, compared to the others.

Btw, I notice a lot of lines "Doing release context" output by osgthirdpersonview in a recent svn version and noticed the log message where the responsible notify() was introduced. Are the messages a sign of something bad happening or is their log level set too high?

Paul