I need to write a media player like app that will decode a custom video
stream and display it on the screen.

The video stream will be in Bayer format and will need to be converted
to RGB before being displayed on the screen.

I will also need to zoom the image and pan the image back and forth.
There will be other filters that I'll need to apply but I think they
will just end up being shaders.

What is the best approach for using OSG for this purpose?

I was contemplating dumping the raw data into a texture and doing all
the decoding on the graphics card within a series of shaders. Is this a
viable approach?

Is there another tool that is better suited for the task?

Steven Powers