Hello all,

I'm directing these questions mainly at Paul Martz, but I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has relevant experience.

I've learned that I need to do terrain deformation to match new data in our current project, and it seems to fit exactly what osgTDS does. To be more precise, some structures will be lowered to the bottom of the ocean, and their final resting place might not match where the "ocean floor" was when the terrain data was taken (because of soil/rock movement, human activities, or low terrain data accuracy).

I have to evaluate some factors (time it would take to integrate, work needed to make it do what we want) before actually diving in, so I thought I'd ask here.

Regarding building osgTDS: I saw a few posts from 2007 in the archives regarding osgTDS, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to whether it will build for OSG 2.x and on.

Regarding using it run-time: I understand osgTDS does its processing at load time. Would it be hard to modify it so that when we decide that an object is resting, it does the processing locally for that object and updates the terrain immediately? What kind of time does that processing take? (say for example on a 100,000 polygon terrain, just for the sake of discussion)

Thanks in advance,

J-S