Hi J-S, et. al.

When you mention caching the intersect visitors, when should you use reset()
and when are setStart()/setEnd() used?

In my game, I keep simplified, bounding box representations of the ships in
the scene and then do line segment intersections.  When I do the
calculations, I start at the smaller ships, which have several "intersection
points".  For each point, I create a line segment for the global position of
where the point was last frame and where it is this frame.  I then bounce
that against each ship in the scene that is larger.  I also translate the
"last position" for the intersection point based on how the bigger ship has
moved.  I do all of this to make sure I catch ships flying right through
each other, because they are going fast.  This has all worked out really
well, but I am of course looking for any speed improvements I can get.

So my first question is about how I should try to cache the intersect
visitors?  Should I keep one around for each large ship (node passed in to
the getIntersections() function), or should I just make a single one that is
used over and over?

Next, how often should I call reset()?  Once for each big ship, or once for
each intersection check?  I do not see any setStart()/setEnd() functions.
Please forgive my ognorance, but where are they and what do they do?

Finally, I am doing a few checks before I try the line segments to see if
they are even close to the node I am checking.  Is this worth the check or
does the intersectVisitor do that all for me anyway?

Thanks,
-- Rick

Check us out at http://fringe-online.com/