Hi Neil,

The Viewer has a default Light, setup so that it's an infinite light
coming from behind the eye point.  The methods for controlling the
Viewers light can be found in osg::View, so have a look at
include/osg/View.  Please note that you can switch off this default
light, and adjust its settings as well.

Robert.