Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips.  In case anybody else reading this thread might
find it useful, I found a nice subtle way of highlighting a selected
model (see attached screen shot).  Using the stateset decorating
method from the scribe example and outlining code from the cartoon
effect in osgfx, I draw thick line around the silhouette of the
selected model.  This nicely conveys the message that the model is
selected without obscuring the geometry too much.

Thanks again,
Morne

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Fuesz, Matthew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Color "overlays" are fairly simple. A one-line fragment shader:
>
> gl_FragColor = gl_Color * color_uniform;
>
> Where color_uniform is a vec4 uniform specifying RGBA color.
>
> This is the simplest of cases, of course. If you have other lighting or
> texturing going on, you would also need to account for that.
>

> Matthew W. Fuesz
> Software Engineer Asc.
> Lockheed Martin STS
> 1210 Massillon Road