________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kim C
Bale
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 11:40 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Always on top rendering.

I'm having difficultly getting a some geometry to always render infront
of a scene. I use an absolute matrixtransfom to move a cockpit model
relative to the camera position. However, as i move the camera around it
intersects with geometry in the scene.

Previously I achieved this by using a post render camera and clearing
the depth buffer bit. I can't do that now because in this case the
cockpit and scene are rendered through a pre render RTT camera.

I can't disable depth testing because the various parts of the model
don't render in the right order, and I have tried setting the renderbin
on the matrixtransform to 11 but to no effect.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Kim.

Reply>>>

If all else fails check your cockpit model, you may need to subdivide
some faces.  As a result from clipping order on larger ones.

Mr. D