Hi David,

we´re unable to load png´s right now, which is a little wierd cause i can see in the visual studio output window that the right osgdb_png.dll osgbdb plugin is being loaded

Since you're using VS 2005, the 3rd party deps are OK so you at least pass that frequently asked question (using the Vs2005 3rdparties with Vs2008 for example...) :-)

Look in the archives for similar questions, I had a similar problem in the past which is that even though osgdb_png.dll is loaded, it depends on libpng12.dll, and if the version of that DLL that it finds is different than the version that osgdb_png.dll was compiled with, it won't work.

So what you need to look for is another libpng12.dll which would be in your PATH before the one in your 3rdparty directory, which would cause it to be loaded before the correct one. libpng12.dll comes with a lot of applications, some of which place themselves on your PATH.

Hope this helps,

J-S