Hi,

I've had some problems on Debian Lenny with gcc 4.3 and optimisations. I faintly remember an unexplained osgdem segfault as well. I'm not sure what version of gcc you have installed, but try with another version or other optim settings.

jp

benben wrote:
Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Ben,

I'm afraid there is waaaay too little info about your setup to provide
any real guidance.  VPB should just compile against an installed OSG
without need for configuration.

You don't mention which VPB or OSG version your are using, you also
make no mention of the platform or compilers.  All this is important
to understanding what might go wrong and how to fix it.

Sorry for the lack of information. The OSG version is 2.2 and the VPB version is 0.9.1. I am running a Ubuntu Linux 8.04 64bit on an Intel platform, if this is also relevant.

The osg installation is straight from the Ubuntu package repository (binary install, as opposed to local rebuild).

For building the VPB I added an extra line to the CMakeLists.txt

    SET(GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR /usr/include/gdal)

so osgdem can be compiled.

I followed the standard

   ./configure
   make
   sudo make install

Everything seemed to be ok. For some reason my OS does not put 64bit libraries in /usr/local/lib64, where the VPB libraries are, so I

   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib64

This stops the "cannot find shared object" error from the loader.

And on executing

   osgdem

with no arguments, it simply quits with a segmentation fault error.

I also followed the VPB tutorial at

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/VirtualPlanetBuilder

and despite the extra argument inputs I have the same error. So I reckon I must have configured VPB wrong somehow.

Is there anything I overlooked?

Regards
Ben

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.