Hi John,

Can anyone point me to something that would be useful in OSG for solving the problem of making a set of contour lines similar to those seen on maps? I'd like to provide osg with a plane and get the shape created by the intersection with the plane.

I'm sure others can provide more mathematically-inclined answers (perhaps even something already in OSG), but I could see doing that by making a shader that draws lines when the world-space Z coordinate is a given value (or a given multiple of a given value, or whatever).

Not sure how familiar you are with shader programming, but it should be pretty easy. Of course, if you need the result for other calculations rather than just for display (or if you need it to be arbitrary planes, or other things) this won't work.

Hope this helps,

J-S