Hi J-S,

You need to decide what you want to do, but personally I'd recommend
using --terrain and then in your app decide how much detail you want,
you can make this user definable, provide reasonable defaults for
different classes of hardware 0 they key is it's under your control
and even after the app is deployed you can still tweak things to
better fit the hardware.

--terrain also provide much greater opportunities for compressing the
tiles on disk.  More work will go into this in the future, so tiles
with --terrain will end up being more compact despite have more
geometry detail available when you need it.

Robert.