Hi Robert,
many thanks for your reply.
If I understand it right, the VPB creates a hierarchy of static LOD nodes that are paged.

But is it possible to use the VPB for generation of such graph for general datasets, not only terrain data? I have an large triangle mesh on input, let's say in STL format (can convert to OSG Geode or custom vectors). How can I give such input to VPB and get an PagedLOD hierarchy osga on output ? Simply generate osga and put it as input file (is it the vpb::Source::MODEL)?

In the osgdem source I see the line osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> node = osgDB::readNodeFile(fileName);
does it mean that the input file must fit into the memory to process it?

Many thanks,
Tomas

Robert Osfield napsal(a):
Hi Tomas,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Tomas Hnilica