Hi Peter,

> what I'm asking:
> -if an object has a parent osg::Group that has been set to "RenderBin" with
> a value of 10 and the object itself uses
> "RenderBin" with a value of 20 then which is used?

I think the object should be rendered after its parent, no matter whose bin
number is greater, because renderbins are generated in
CullVisitor::pushStateSet().
And the CullVisitor will traverse nodes from parents to children.

>  -an .osg file can have renderbin values too? so if I load an .osg file
> and set it to have "RenderBin" 10 do I override the renderbin values
> in the file? or are they pushed relative to my given value 10? sometimes
> the .osg file consist of many renderbin values.

I think bin number and bin name can both be stored in .osg files. And the
root node of file would also have renderbin settings if you set one.

Regards,
Wang Rui