sorry, last mail without my text ;( here again:

-----

No it is not required to have a camera a or cameranode attached to somewhere in
the osgPPU (if yes, then let me know, I will change it ;)

However it is absolutely required to have a starting Texture, it could be a
Texture2D of your screen rendering or Texture3D if you do some offscreen
operations for example!!! Texture is something like a base of all operations of
osgPPU, it was written for that ;) How do you want to manage some post
processing effects without RTT operations?

Best regards,
art