Hi All,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Robert Osfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Next I'm going to move all the GTK calls into osgWidget and see if a
> conventional library rather than a plugin will be able to work
> properly with gtk...

This didn't work either.  So I tried a different tack, I moved the
init of the browser manager to the first time that a browser is
requested rather than in the ReaderWriterUBrowser constructor.  This
little change fixed the problems with gtk initializing and the browser
now comes up in the OSG window just fine.  ;-)

I can only imagine that UBrowser/GTK/LibXUL/xul-runner has some
globals that automatically construct themselves and the order of their
automatic construction was such that that my init code in my
constructor introduced an order of initialization that wasn't safe.
Lots of arm waving here... as very little actually changed code wise,
it was just a timing change for the init...

Now things are working with the new gecko plugin I'll check it in, and
others can test it out.