Hi J-S,

Just as another datapoint, I also implemented outlining in a similar
way to osgFX::Effect.  All times stay the
same except draw which triples.  In my application, this doesn't
affect me too much and I still make 60 fps if an object is selected or
not, so I don't mind the jump that much, but I can see it being a
problem if you have a very flexible scene/selection strategy...

Cheers,
Morne