What would be the best way to download an osg texture into a region of memory mapped host memory (i.e. at a fixed memory location)? I can bind an osg::Image to a texture for the download, but as far as I know I can not force an Image object to use a specific region of memory; it does its own allocation on creation.

Do I have to do this manually using glGetTexImage()? I could get the TextureObject associated with the texture, bind it, and then perform the manual call. Only I'm not sure how I should set the contextID in the osg::Texture::getTextureObject call. Or is there an easier way? I really don't want to download it to an Image and then memcpy it to the mapped region, since that's simply too slow.

--
Regards,

Ferdi Smit
INS3 Visualization and 3D Interfaces