Yesterday, I wrote a small visitor to dump all images that were stored inside
an .ive. Though the names of the internal textures had a .rgb extension it
turned out these were compressed images. When writing the images to either
.jpg, .bmp, .rgb the plugins all tried, but failed to write it succesfully.
(noisy images and the .jpg even crashes) The .dds writer was of course the
proper choice in this case.

I did not test the image writers comprehensively, but I suspect there are more
that have this problem.

Does there exist a known issues/bug list that we can add this to?

I know there is the general issue that not all plugins return proper read or
write results. This is just a little more specific.

http://osgforum.tevs.eu/viewtopic.php?p=4369#4369