Hi Roger,

Here is a probably worthless suggestion written without a proper review of the thread. I you want a material that looks the same as the unlit colour just set the materials emissive colour to the same as the vertex colour and set all the other material colours to black.

Well, reviewing the osgFX::Scribe code, this is exactly what it does. The problem was that our own Outline effect (based on Scribe, but only renders the outside edges of the object) disabled lighting in the outline pass. Thus, it was using the raw vertex color of the object for its outline color, which is why I didn't want to use vertex colors.

Re-enabling lighting for the outline pass made it use the emissive material color, and made it so that I could disable lighting on my model and use vertex colors for its own colors without affecting the color of the outline.

So, I would say problem solved. Thanks also to Paul Melis who pointed me to the osgscribe example, in which I saw the same thing was being done and led me to check the lighting setting on my outline pass...

J-S