Hi osg-users,

I installed 181.22 nvidia drivers a weeks ago and everything is working fine
on my 9800GX2 with Vista.
I have at least 3 application running with last osg svn and old osg 1.2.
But I set 3D card parameters as default.
Maybe setting some advanced parameters produce weird behaviour...

2009/2/6 Quinn, Gary <g.qu...@tees.ac.uk>

> Hi Jeremy, Ryan.
> For info, I installed 181.22 on two Windows XP PCs with PNY 9800GTX's.
> One PC blue screened every night, and the other PC produced random noise
> on screen that looked like snow when panning around a commercial 3d
> application we use.
> Reverting to 181.20 solved both those problems.
> Gary.
>

> I don't know if this is pertinent information or not, but all of the
> games I play regularly (Bioshock, Fallout 3, Steam games, WOW) all were
> totally hosed on 181.20 with my GTX 280 card; graphical anomalies, weird
> crashes, you name it. I upgraded to 181.22 and the problems went away...
>
> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 12:46 -0600, Kawicki, Ryan H wrote:
> > I was curious to see if anyone else was seeing the same problems that
> > am seeing with the latest GeForce and Quadro drivers.
> >
> > With the Quadro drivers ( on a Quadro 3450 ), I am not seeing any
> > crashes, but I am seeing patches of the terrain either displaying a
> > black texture or not rendering sections to the frame buffer.  I even
> saw
> > what looks like a point or two rendering at infinity.
> >
> > With the GeForce drivers ( on a GeForce 7600 GT ), I am seeing the
> > terrain render fine, but randomly the graphics driver will popup a
> > dialog indicating that the driver has performed an illegal operation
> and
> > has requested that the application be terminated.  There have been
> many
> > reports related to driver instability for the GeForce cards related to
> > this driver, so I expect that Nvidia is in the process of correcting
> > this.

Alexandre AMALRIC                   Ingénieur R&D