On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Paul Speed <psp...@progeeks.com> wrote:
> I wonder if there is a VS warning that would have found this... </me ducks
> for cover>  ;)

No .. but it was my attempt at fixing a gcc warning that introduced this bug...

Basically every change you make to the code is prone to error, and no
matter how thorough you try to be, compiler errors never give know
when the algorithm is wrong, just the syntax.  The vast majority of
programming errors are algorithm related like this one, it's one only
code reviews and code testing that actually catch the vast majority of
errors.

This particular bug is a good example of the double edge sword of
attempting warning fixes.