From: osg-submissions-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-submissions-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Cedric
Pinson
Sent: lundi 9 février 2009 14:30
To: OpenSceneGraph Submissions
Subject: Re: [osg-submissions] Small fixes for osgAnimation

Hi,
If you check the osganimationtimline, it blends the two animations. The idle
and the scratch. It could help you i guess.
The screenshoot is funny :)

Cheers,
Cedric

Fabien Lavignotte wrote:
For blending I have checked osganimationtimeline, the TimeLine thing is quite
nice but i am not sure it cover my needs.
I just wanted to blend smoothly when going from one animation loop to another (for
exemple run->walk, then walk->stand). Looking at TimeLine code i wasn't sure it
was possible.
So, i ended up hacking a node callback with BasicAnimationManager, by setting weight on the 2 Animation and then let osgAnimation engine blend properly the two animations. Blending seems to be done but result is quite weird, even funny sometimes (check the screenshot) but i don't know if it is osgAnimation fault, my code or even the animations. I have to dig further into it but unfortunately i don't have much time to dedicate to character animation, it is just a side project.

Fabien.