Hi Frank

Problem:
     osgText::Text and osgText::Text3D use the same font file.
     The first really load the file and obtain an osgText::Font object,
     the second use the cache created during the first load of the
     font file, and so obtain an osgText::Font object instead of
     osgText::Font3D object. To obtain an osgText::Font3D object,
     osgText::Text3D call osgDB::readObjectFile(...) with an option
     to specify the plugin we want an osgText::Font3D instead of
     osgText::Font.

Generalised Problem:
    In osgDB::Registry, loaded file cache is referenced by the name
    of this file, so if I load a file with some options, and the cache
    already contain object for this filename, I obtain an object
    potentially not loaded with my options.

Behaviours:
    Cache management is delegate to osgDB::Registry, but cache
    coherence (load a file with option then reuse it, deactivate the
    cache when load a specific file or don't cached the loaded file)
    is user's responsibility.

Text3D case:
    Delegate the cache coherence of font file in osgText to the user
    is not a good idea. So to fix this I think to 2 solution:
        - never use the cache when load a font for a Text3D. Just because
          to load a Font3D, we use option in osgDB::readObjectFile()
        - move osgText::Font3D implementation in osgText::Font,
          suffix ex-Font3D method with "3D" in osgText::Font
          (so osgText::Font3D::getGlyph() become osgText::Font::getGlyph3D()
)
          And so Text and Text3D use the same osgText::Font object which
contain
          2D and 3D glyph.

Thought, Robert, Other ?

David Callu