From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:00 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OFT: Interesting commentary of the future of OpenGL

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Paul Martz <pma...@skew-matrix.com> wrote:
> What specific ideas do you have for supporting OpenGL? The ARB has a
> marketing subgroup that might be interested in hearing about our desire to
> help out. Just off the top of my head, I imagine some kind of press
release
> from "the OpenSceneGraph community", perhaps signed/endorsed by several of
> us here on the list, which might get some visibility on opengl.org and
> khronos.org, maybe some other places as well.

I don't have any strong ideas, it's just a sense that perhaps we
should get our act together an as one instigate a campaign of support
for OpenGL and hold the hardware vendors toes to the fire a little was
well ;-)

We have lots of big companies that use the OSG, these are the types of
groups to step up and say OpenGL is real important.  Big open source
projects could step up as well.   I'm not marketing person, so not
well equipped to come up with snappy campaign or who to smooze to get
them to sign up.  Coordinate with ARB would be OK, but personally I'd
want it to be a message from the community of OpenGL users rather than
a marketing campain for the ARB/vendors.