Hi Peter,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM, petr <osgfo...@tevs.eu> wrote:

> first q:
> --------
> I have got in a root group tree nodes
> 1st - the scene (cca 300 triangulates+7 types of textures )
> 2nd - the tank t72-tank_des.flt
> 3rd - the personal car (very simple cca 200 triangulates)
> two cameras - one is fulscreen, the second is small rectangle in the midle
> of the screen on the top.
>
> Could you you explain me why the view is discontinuous (the quality is
> very(!) terrible) ?
> I have found that when I'am using the only camera - like fullscreen, the
> discontinous view can be "removed" by these function
> viewer->startThreading(); - the quality is absolutely briliant!
> Could you explain me what does it mean "threading", this word is in a
> dictionary - of course, but i would like to know what does the function do
> in osg. - or what does it "looking after" ...

I can't see how we could answer this without at least a screenshot of what
you mean by "discontinuous", and what you expect the result to look like.

> second q:
> -----------
> Why does a nodes take so long to load?  For example - first node the scene
> takes in Vega cca 3-4 seconds and now in OSG it takes cca 15 sec.
> (The one our big scene cca 20 000t is loaded by 10sec in Vega, but in Osg
> it takes almost 1 min)

Try converting your models to native OSG format.  OpenFlight really sucks
for loading performance as the database requires a lot of pre-processing to
get into a shape that is suitable for rendering.   I would strongly
recommend converting to .ive for any visual simulation app.

> pc config:
> cpu: Intel 3.2Ghz
> Grapic card: GeForce 7600GT/PCI/SSE2, 256MB ram, silent pipe
> Monitor resolution: 1280x1024
> rendering test by OpenGL Extension Viewer 3.0:
> 1.1 109 FPS
> 2.0 104 FPS
> 2.1 066 FPS
>
> Thanks a lot for your replies.

I have no clue what your above 1.1 109 FPS stats relate to, is it anything
to do with the OSG?