Julia,

I never tried it but you should enable GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH, and enable
alpha blending for the object you want to 'blur'.

For example:

        osg::StateSet * stateset = geode->getOrCreateStateSet();
        stateset->setMode(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH, osg::StateAttribute::ON);

        osg::BlendFunc *fn = new osg::BlendFunc();
        fn->setFunction(osg::BlendFunc::SRC_ALPHA,
                osg::BlendFunc::ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

        stateset->setAttributeAndModes(fn,
                osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        stateset->setMode(GL_BLEND, osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        stateset->setRenderingHint(osg::StateSet::TRANSPARENT_BIN);

Good luck,
Guy.

Hi,

Is it possible to blur the edges of a model in OSG with whatever is
behind?
Currently the edges of the models in my scene are too sharp and would
look better if there was a translucent overlap at the edges.

Is this possible to achieve in OSG, or is this kind of functionality
more relevant to OpenGL?

Thank you,
Julia