From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: lunedì 23 marzo 2009 12.09
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] 2D drawing over a 3D drawing

HI Gianluca,

Please have a look at the osghud example.

Robert.

2009/3/23 Gianluca Natale <gianluca.nat...@adstorino.it>

Hi All.
I need to draw a 2D drawing (a single wireframe rectangle) over a 3D drawing
of a scene. Basically I need it to show a window selection in the scene.

In OpenGL, I would set a perspective projection like glFrustum(…), draw the
scene, then set a glOrtho2D(…), and draw the rectangle. Finally I would call
a swap buffers.

How can I do it with OSG?

I mean, in OSG the projection matrix is associated with a camera. So, should
I use two cameras, one for the 3D scene, the other just for the 2D
rectangle?

In camera::frame there is the swap of the back and front buffers. But I
would like to swap those buffers just at the end, after drawing everything.

So, should I call the drawing of the 3D camera without swapping, then the
drawing of the 2D camera with swapping at the end?

I read in the quick start guide of OSG of the thread for draw traversal.
Since I call camera::Frame twice, does OSG create 2 different threads?

Is there any conflict between those threads, since they draw with different
projection matrices?

Thanks in advance

Gianluca Natale

06:52:00