Hi Jason,

Normally the DatabasePager works on loaded scene graph that are entirely
independent from the main scene graph and these subgraphs are only merged
with the main scene graph when the main frame loop calls the update on the
DatabasePager to merge any new tiles, remove expired ones.  The update is
down thread safe, with locking happening for all the appropriate places.  If
the place that the node is being attached is already unref'd from the scene
graph then the subgraph should just be safely discarded.

In the case of osgEarth do you have a pointers to global/parental structures
in the plugins that would break the normal scene graph encapsulation that
the database normally has?  If there is such a reference then it might be
best to take a reference to this global/parent strucutre during the running
of the plugin to prevent it going out of scope before the end of the call to
the plugin.

Robert.