Hi Robert,

Sorry, I thought it would have been clear from my first e-mail. I'll try again.

FileUtils.cpp in osgDB has this code.

static void appendInstallationLibraryFilePaths(osgDB::FilePathList& filepath)
{
#ifdef OSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH

// Append the install prefix path to the library search path if configured
   filepath.push_back(ADDQUOTES(OSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH));
#endif
}

osgDB's CMakeLists.txt has this line:

ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DOSG_DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib${LIB_POSTFIX}/${OSG_PLUGINS})

This means that the install path configured at build time will be searched for plugins. This does not make sense for prebuilt binaries because the install location will likely be different on different machines. I propose removing the function appendInstallationLibraryFilePaths, and also the line in CMakeLists since it is only this function that makes use of it.

Mark