Hi J.P.,

What always bothers me is the whole multiple window, multiple context thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought DirectX caters more for the single fullscreen 3D window case (games?). Is this not why CAD apps favour OpenGL? If DX can't do multiple windows/contexts nicely the wrapper won't be able to fix this. For specific cases the wrapper might be OK.

I'm not sure that's accurate. For example, I think some 3D modeling apps use D3D for their 3D windows, without any problems. There are flags when creating a DC (device context) that specify whether it should be fullscreen or use an existing HWND as container. (although it's been a while since I've done D3D programming, this is only by memory)

J-S