Thanks for the info.

I took a look at the code.  Adding crease angle support does seem tricky since
I think we would have to create new vertex points on the fly to accommodate 2
or more different normal vectors at that point.  Here is some off the cuff
pseudo code.

for (int i = 0; i != *it; ++i) // line 268 of IndexedFaceSet.cpp
{
    float angle = acos((*normals)[indices[index + i]] * normal);

    if (angle <= creaseAngle)
    {
        (*normals)[indices[index + i]] += normal;
    }
    else
    {
        // clone this vertex so we can give it 2 normals
        coords.push_back(coords[indices[index + i]]);

        // give it the new normal
        normals.push_back(normal)

        // now point this face at the new vertex
        indices[index + i] = coords.size() - 1;
    }
}

I am not sure if modifying the vertex and normal array on the fly is wise,
possible, or even if that is how it's done.  But like I said, it is pseudo code.

What do you think?
-Ben