From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:36 PM
To: 'OpenSceneGraph Users'
Subject: Re: [osg-users] terrain vertexes for VPB geocentric database...

This is correct.

You absolutely must model locally and position with a transform for
databases of any significant spatial size (such as VPB DBs) in order to
avoid the classic "camera jitter" problem that would manifest itself if you
modeled with absolute coordinates.

This is also why VPB terrain tiles require skirts. Each tile is positioned
with its own Transform, so tile edges might not line up precisely, and
cracks would be visible without the skirts.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
+1 303 859 9466