From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:02 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] Going beyond the matrix?

Hi,

Lets say I have a MatrixTransform like:

Code:
osg::MatrixTransform* sceneTransform = new osg::MatrixTransform();

and I apply this matrix to it:

Code:
osg::Matrix zScale = osg::Matrix::scale(0.5f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
sceneTransform->setMatrix(zScale);

If I add another MatrixTransform to this first MatrixTransform:

Code:
osg::MatrixTransform* panel = new osg::MatrixTransform();
sceneTransform->addChild(panel);

and apply this matrix to this second MatrixTransform:

Code:
osg::Matrix zTrans = osg::Matrix::translate(2.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
panel->setMatrix(zTrans);

because the second matrixTransform has been translated beyond the
boundaries(scale) of the first MatrixTransform as in the scale is 0.5f and
the translate is 2.0f, they both automatically gets translated so the 2
matrixTransforms are centered between the first matrixTransforms parent(what
ever that is.)

Is there a way so if the second matrixTransform is beyond the boundaries of
the first MatrixTransform no automatic translation to center happens?

I hope you understand what I am after?

Cheers...

Thank you.