Hi Jason,

thanks for your answer. Actually, I just downloaded 2.8.1 rc3, built  it and
tested my software with those binaries: it solved to problem !!... to some
extends... :-(

Actually, i think i'm now facing another ATI specific issue: I can start my
app, retrieve image and elevation tiles and built my earth model... except
that after some time (and this is also true if I use an simple example like
"osgviewer yahoo_aerial.earth") it seems that my ATI just start mixing all
the loaded textures!

And in fact it seems to be a quite advanced feature as the mixing is
progressive !!! (ie. We have a nice fading effect when you move slowing !!)

My guess is, it could be that the graphic card memory is filled with
textures, and then the ATI driver start using "old" texture objects
depending on your distance to your model expecting to create a nice fading
effect (assuming what we have here are mipmaped textures ?) (except that
osgEarth keeps updating all the textures any way, so "old" textures for a
given area are actually replaced by other textures for other areas). Could
this make sense ? (or maybe I'm just saying silly things I'm really not an
expert when it comes to the low level details like that :-) ).

I'm joining a couple of screen capture in a following mail: maybe someone
already faced this before.

Manu.