I am running into a weird crash when trying to use the gpu stat
collection mechanism employed by osgViewer.

Here is what I have at the moment.

osg::Stats * pStats = new osg::Stats("Viewer Stats");
pStats->collectStats("frame_rate", true);
pStats->collectStats("update", true);
pStats->collectStats("rendering", true);
pStats->collectStats("gpu", true);

If I run my code so that the rendering model runs in parallel with other
viewpoints, the Nvidia driver will crash when trying to poll the gpu for
the query timer.  If I run my code so that the rendering model runs
serially, then the driver is happy.  If I comment out the collection of
the gpu stats, then I never see the crash when testing the parallel
case.

This same problem exists in the osgViewer application.  If either of the
parallel rendering models are used, at some point when viewing the stats
the application will crash.  If I use the single threaded model, the
driver is happy.

Here is my setup
Windows XP SP3
Intel Core 2 6600
OSG 2.8.0
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450 - Driver ver. 182.46
Dual Monitor Setup

I have tried to turn off the "Threaded Optimizations" from the control
panel, but for some reason the two GL worker threads are always created
when SetPixelFormat is called.  I've even looked into the registry to
verify that the control panel was setting the registry value to 2.

Seeing that this is more than likely an issue with the driver, I'm going
to have to take it up with Nvidia, but I was wondering if anyone in the
Windows community might be able to provide me with some insight into how
I can truly shutdown the worker threads that the driver seems to be
creating.  If anyone else has seen this problem and knows of a
workaround, please chime in and share that knowledge.  Thanks.

Ryan H. Kawicki
The Boeing Company
Training Systems & Services
Software Engineer